Okay, fellas (and ladies). We are less than a month away from Valentine’s Day. Whether you are a fan of this holiday or not, it’s always a great idea to know where the best sweets are in town. I’ve broken down my favorite places to get my sweets below. What is your favorite indulgence and where do you go to get it?
Cookies So Pretty You Won’t Want to Eat
- Where: Baked. |Delivers to you.
- What: The prettiest cookies you’ve ever seen. Jen can customize any cookie for you for your special event, birthday, milestone, etc. Flavors include vanilla bean, lemon, orange spice, chocolate chip, and carrot cake raisin. The only limit is your imagination!
- Price: Prices vary, so be sure to contact Jen.
Mouthwatering Cakes (and Pies)
- Where: Brick Street Cafe| 315 Augusta St, Greenville, SC 29601
- What: The most delicious cakes you’ll ever eat made-from-scratch in the bakery from old family recipes. Flavors include Sweet Potato Cake, Sara’s Coconut Cake, Pineapple Cake, “The best chocolate cake I’ve ever had cake”, 4 layers of Gooey German Chocolate Cake, 24 Karot Cake, Paddy Cake, Peanut’nButter cake, Caramel Cake, Italian Cream Cake, and Red Velvet Cake.
- Price: Prices vary, so be sure to call ahead if you are curious.
- Where: The Chocolate Moose| 130 S Main St #200, Greenville, SC 29601
- What: The classic cupcakes (red velvet, chocolate, vanilla, black + white, vanilla with chocolate) are offered daily while 4 specialty cupcakes are on rotation each day of the week.
- Price: $2.95 each / $32 dozen (also offers vegan and gluten-free options)
- Where: Rise Donuts & Biscuits (opening in February)| 1507-D Woodruff Road
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
- What: The best darn donuts I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a lot. Although Rise Greenville has not opened yet, I tried Rise in Charlotte, NC (where my parents live). My favorite: the classic chocolate donut. The first time you go there, you must-I repeat, must– get the classic chocolate.
- Price: $1.50-$3.00 each/$14.95 per dozen
Ice Cream That’ll Make You Scream
- Where: Ice Cream Station| 125 S Main St, Simpsonville, SC 29681
- What: The most delicious ice cream in town! Select your base flavor of vanilla, chocolate, Dole Whip, or Wow Cow and choose from over 64 toppings! My favorite: chocolate with peanut butter and Nutella in a homemade waffle cone! Yum! Oh, and they have Puppy Sundaes, too.
- Price: $0.75-$4.95+