First of all, Merry Christmas! I hope you all are spending quality time with your family, friends, and loved ones and eating lots of delicious food!
With 2017 coming to a close, it’s common to think about our 2018 New Year’s Resolutions. If you’re like me, joining a gym and getting into better shape is always a goal of mine. I joined the Y last summer and after several weeks of going 3 to 4 times a week, I got burnt out. Lifting weights and running on the treadmill were boring.
So I thought: Let’s get involved in something that is exciting and different! Let’s have some fun! That’s the only way I’ve determined that my resolutions will stick.
So I’ve compiled a list of alternative “gyms” that are sure to keep you coming back time and time again so we can hit those goals. Hope to see you out there, Greenville!
Maya Movement Arts
- Aeriel Fitness/ Aeriel Yoga
- “A hammock class with an ever-changing parade of drills aimed to challenge a student’s balance, core, grip and ability to hold their body weight off the ground.”
- $18 per class (no membership options as of right now)
- Hot Yoga Studio (yes, they keep it hot!) that offers a variety of classes including kid’s yoga (non-heated).
- New members: $40 first month/ Holiday special: $83 per month/ Regular: $97 per month
Swamp Rabbit Trail
- Run, bike, or skate until your heart is content on the 19.9 mile Swamp Rabbit Trail! My perfect Saturday is to eat breakfast at Tandem in Travelers Rest and bike to downtown Greenville to enjoy a break at the park!
- Barre classes incorporate elements of Pilates, dance, yoga and functional training. Moves are choreographed to music and are intended to sculpt, slim and stretch your entire body.
- $23 per class/ $139 per month for unlimited classes/ Discounts to teachers, students, seniors, military.
- Ready to sweat it out for 30 minutes? 9Round is designed for those who don’t have a lot of time, but want to make the most impact. Each day there are different workouts at the nine stations with instructors to help you along the way. Energetic and upbeat, these kickboxing workouts work every part of your body. Trust me, I know.
- Rates vary depending on locations. Specials are common, so just check your specific location. The first session is free!