1) Cranberry Ginger Sparkling Holiday Cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups cranberries
- 4 or 5 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger – sliced in big chunks
- chilled sparkling wine
- In a small sauce pot, combine the sugar, juice, rosemary and ginger. Bring it to a boil and let the mixture simmer for about 30 mins or until the cranberries soften and pop open. Remove the rosemary sprigs and mash the cranberries pretty well. Simmer for another little bit until the mixture gets thick and syrupy (maybe 15 – 20 mins). Remove from heat and let the syrup cool completely. It will store in the fridge for a week easily.
- When you are ready to make your mimosas, add 2 tablespoons of the cranberry mixture to each glass if you are using flutes. If you make these in wine glasses, you might want to use a bit more of the mixture. Top with chilled sparkling wine, give it a little stir and serve.
2) Fall Harvest Sangria
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 bartlett pear, chopped
- 1 orange, sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (or cranberries)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 (750 ml) bottle favorite white wine
- 2½ cups fresh apple cider
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 cup club soda (add right before serving!)
- Place chopped apples, pears, orange slices, pomegranate seeds and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher. Pour in wine, apple cider, and vodka and mix well.
- Allow flavors to marinate in the fridge a few hours before serving then add club soda. The longer it sits the better! Cheers!
3) Bourbon Pecan Pie Cocktail
- 1 ounce Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1½ Evangeline Pecan Praline liqueur
- ½ ounce vodka of your choice
- Pour all ingredients over ice and stir.
4) Chocolate Hot Buttered Rum
- 2-3 tablespoons Chocolate Hot Buttered Rum Mix (recipe HERE )
- 2 1/2 ounces good quality dark rum (like SelvaRey which is actually a cacao rum)
- 3 ounces boiling water
- 3 large marshmallows for garnish (optional)
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the Chocolate Hot Buttered Rum Mix into the bottom of your glass.
- Pour the rum over the mix.
- Top with 3 ounces boiling water (or top to the top of your glass)
- Stir to combine. It may take a minute to melt and stir together, but be patient. Deliciousness is coming!
- Top with marshmallows if desired and serve warm.
5) White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Martini
- 2 oz. white chocolate liqueur (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 oz. vanilla vodka*
- 1/2 oz. peppermint schnapps
- Splash of milk or cream, to taste
- White chocolate, melted, for rimming the glass
- Crushed peppermint candies, for rimming the glass
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
*To make your own vanilla vodka, steep a couple of vanilla beans in 8 oz. of vodka for 5-10 days. Or, replace the vanilla vodka in this recipe with plain vodka, plus a 1/4-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.
- Melt the white chocolate in a shallow dish, and dip the rim of the glass into it. Shake off any excess, then dip into the crushed peppermint candies. Place glass in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Shake liqueurs with ice, then pour into chilled glass. Add milk or cream, to taste.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and more crushed peppermint candies, for garnish.